Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rocket Soup Lunch from Little Einsteins (@Disney)

When this face asks for something as seemingly ridiculously impossible as Rocket Soup for his lunch bag, it's pretty hard to say "no" :

I had to actually figure out what Rocket Soup is, though. All I knew was that it came from our beloved Little Einsteins on Disney. Luckily (?) I found a partial recipe online while looking for good sandwich pictures.
Annie: (Singing in the tune of "Humoresque No. 7") Mouse has cheese, the Knight has peas, and Joey has the jumping beans! That's what we need to make the Rocket Soup!

Ohhhh you might be thinking that the boy might not remember the specifics. Ohhhh you'd be wrong. Not to worry, though, as I'm a pretty smart cookie sometimes and remembered that in the pantry was one last tub of Mexican Style Chicken Tortilla Soup. There's our beans. I picked some out to make them more noticeable on top of the layer of shredded cheese I sprinkled on top ... along side a small smattering of peas from the bag in the freezer. Voila! Rocket Soup!

Because hot foods really need to go in at the very last minute after the thermos is heated, the soup right now is not in its final container. Granted, the only food thermoses we have are Phineas & Ferb and Garfield. Remember me? The smart cookie? I printed a picture of the kids from Little Einsteins just the perfect size to be taped over the top of the Garfield thermos! Drew Rocket onto a cheese sandwich, added some "Rocket Red Jello" and we've got a pretty cool looking lunch for Wednesday:

No comments:

Post a Comment