Saturday, June 16, 2012

St Trinian's ... old and new

I love good satire and fell in love with the late Ronald Searle and his St. Trinian's School (and the classic set of movies based on the cartoons) when I was in middle school. I had no idea that a new set of films had been made until a couple of weeks ago when a friend pointed them out to me (mostly, I think, because our beloved David Tennant is in the second one). I watched St. Trinian's early this morning and plan on watching St. Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold if I have enough downtime at work tonight. I figured that a St. Trinian's lunch would be the perfect go-along!

The lunch:
A classic Searle St. Trinian's girl looking up at the St. Trinian's 2 movie logo -- both on provolone. Under them is Kraft Veggie Pasta Mac & Cheese mixed with the rest of the oriental blend veggies from yesterday. In the top left is an 18 Rabbits Squeaky Cheeky Choco Cherry Bunny Bar. The top right has pudding.

A clip from a classic St. Trinian's flick (The Pure Hell of St. Trinian's):

/


The trailer from the 2007 St. Trinian's:


The trailer from the 2009 St. Trinian's 2:

1 comment:

  1. Oooh fun! I'm so going to try to watch 2 tonight!

    Did you know, I had never heard of St. Trinian's (it's true!) until I went looking for other DT films! And I was pleased to see "Miss Evangelista" in it ;)

    ReplyDelete