Friday, November 16, 2012

The Littlest Pilgrim (from @Storia_eBooks)

Thank goodness yet again for Storia! I realized that John only has one Thanksgiving book in his collection so I hopped over to Storia and grabbed a few more for him -- one of which was The Littlest Pilgrim. It's a sweet story that little ones can relate to so well. John loved it when he read it last night so today it's lunch!
 PB&J sandwiches on colby jack leaves & pepperoni slices with grapes and Indian Corn.

Wednesday afternoon we had his first Parent-Teacher Conference of the year and one of the things talked about was how they would like him to improve with how he writes about stories that he has read or heard. I decided to expand his normal reading log for his homework (date, title, read alone or with a parent and then level of difficulty) to include a spot on what the book was about. He didn't even complain about the change! (And yes, I know he misspelled "said." I was so impressed that he just went to town writing that I wasn't going to nitpick -- although I did tell him the correct spelling after the fact.)

In case you're curious, this is the new log. I added lines after he was finished doing the one for The Littlest Pilgrim since the end of his lines went a bit haywire ;)


1 comment: