Saturday, September 22, 2012

Stuffed Eggplant in @EasyLunchboxes

This morning a friend gifted me three itty bitty eggplants. I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to prepare them so I asked some friends and Google and finally found a recipe on Tastebook that seemed like it would at least be a good starting point.
What I ended up with is absolutely delish and, luckily, enough to have some to take to work tonight!

Ingredients:
3 mini eggplants
1 1/4 lb ground beef
1/2 teaspoon All-Purpose seasoning

1 cup pasta sauce
1/8 cup shredded mozzarella
1 egg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Wash the eggplants, remove the stems & halve each one lengthwise. Scoop out the insides leaving enough for a sturdy shell. Finely chop the pulp (or use food processor).
Saute the eggplant in a hot skillet. Add ground beef, sauce and seasoning. Remove 1 1/2 cup sauce mixture and mix it in a bowl with the sauce and egg. Fill each eggplant half and bake 25 minutes (or so).

I had a bunch of leftover meat/sauce/eggplant mixture that I stirred into some pasta. I used that as the base in my EasyLunchbox and have two stuffed eggplant halves on top. I also have a peach muffin and two clementines in the top compartments.

2 comments: