Friday, April 13, 2012

Homemade Lunchable in Lock & Lock

John wanted a fun surprise for lunch and from the look on his face and how much he fun he seemed to have with it, I think it worked! We typically don't buy Lunchables because I feel they're a huge waste of money and he can't take most of them to school anyway because of the whole nut issue and most of them seem to have a Butterfinger or some other nut-wary candy in them. I think John may have had three in his entire life so far. I still love the idea of the build-em-yourself sandwiches and thought he would have fun with them (and he did) so here we are!
Pepperoni, Pretzel Crackers, Monterey Jack Cheese, a few chocolate eggs, and grapes (plus a Capri Sun) in a  Lock & Lock box. After such a successful breakfast this morning and now the "awesome fun" lunch, I'm going to be hard-pressed to come up with something for dinner! He'll probably want peanut butter & jelly .... again ....

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! My kids love homemade lunchables and I love that I can make good choices for them and also pack more food since the pre-packaged lunchables have very little food besides being unhealthy :)

    ReplyDelete