Friday, April 20, 2012

Into The Woods in EasyLunchboxes -- Part 1 of 5

I know ... I know ... I'm fickle when it comes to what my favorite musical is. I've already declared that to be Les Mis but somehow when I made that declaration I wasn't thinking about Into The Woods ... or a whole slew of others. So let's just scrap the whole "favorite" aspect and face the facts that I'm a musical junkie.

This work week I'll be doing all Into The Woods starting with the title image from the libretto.
The logo image is on reduced fat cheese on broccoli & cauliflower standing in for the woods. In the top left are two hard cooked eggs. The top right has rolled up ham and a cheese stick cut in half.

If you're not familiar with the show, here's a clip from the 1988 Tony Awards that doesn't really do it justice but is a good introduction. I strongly urge you to find the dvd, rent (or buy) it on Amazon Instant or look it up on Netflix so you can watch the whole show and fall in love with it ... or fall in love with it all over again. Rob Marshall is set to direct a film version but as of yet they still haven't cast it so it will be a while.



1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with this show!! Thanks for making a lunch box all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete