Sunday, March 31, 2013

Welcome Back Game of Thrones!

Game of Thrones returns tonight and of course some of the Edible Geekery crew decided we needed to celebrate with a mini hop! After you're done here, click on the button at the bottom to head on over to see what's going on at BentoForKidlet!

I had a million and a half ideas of what I wanted to do. I've watched some previews and have looked at tons of pictures for Season 3 and when I saw that two of my favorite young British actors are joining the show representing House Reed I knew I had to continue the trend from my past GoT lunches and do a lunch for their family:
I've seen several different versions of the House Reed crest but it always has a gatorish lizardish type black creature on a green background so I used a cookie cutter and some coloring and my mini letter cutters to turn some provolone into a crest. It's sitting on top of some ravioli with some Mini-Oreos and cocktail sausages in the small compartments.

And I couldn't help the little shout-out to Eddard Stark. After all, House Reed has been devoted to House Stark for thousands of years ....

In case you haven't seen them, here are the original four:

Now, don't forget to go check out the rest of the hop!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! The original 4 are so awesome. Love the head on a spike sausage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahah!! I love your Ned weenie on a spike :D <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. haaaa! Love the Stark on a spike!

    ReplyDelete