Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cheesy Veggie Biscuit Cups

I was pretty stumped as to what I might want to take to work tonight. I knew I didn't want soup again even though it's wonderful and I have a ton of it. I also knew that oatmeal (again) would probably bore me and my dear readers.
A few days ago I took a trip out to my beloved Aldi's and one of the things I got on a whim was a 4-pack of buttermilk biscuit tubes. Biscuits are yum. Biscuits, on their own, do not a lunch make.

Hmmmm....

Tomorrow's my weigh-in and I've already probably royally messed it up from my munchie-fest from the other day and the order of wings I had just a little bit ago so something on the light side sounded best.

Veggies! (And because almost everything is better with cheese, we'll add some of that, too!)

So I present to you: Cheesy Veggie Biscuit Cups!

Ingredients:
1 bag Three Cheese California Blend Vegetables (only 1 serving gets used, though)
1 tube Buttermilk Biscuits
1 slice Swiss cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.
Cook vegetables according to package directions (in this case, microwave on high 5 minutes).

Pop open biscuit tube. Flatten each one in the palm of your hand and place one in each muffin cup.

Spoon veggies into each cup (1 cup of veggies evenly divided worked GREAT).

Top each with a smidge of swiss cheese (I used 1 slice for all 10 cups).

Place muffin cups in oven for 10-13 minutes.

See how pretty?

Even prettier out of the muffin cup!
And pretty dang tastey, too!!!

According to SparkRecipes, each biscuit cup is a mere 61 calories.

I could probably eat half most all of them in one sitting but then there's that whole weigh-in thing tomorrow and the fact that if I eat them all I won't have any more (until the next time I make them, of course).  So, for lunch, instead of all 10 Cheesy Veggie Biscuit Cups I'll take 2 along with a half cup of grapes and a couple of hard-cooked eggs. 310 calories all together!


1 comment:

  1. I cannot help you with lunch ideas. I am tapped out! I can't even come up with dinner ideas.

    ReplyDelete