Friday, March 16, 2012

Bangers & Mash for St. Patrick's Day

It's probably not the most traditional or the most festive St. Patrick's Day meal (I'll be eating after midnight so, technically, it'll be St. Patrick's Day) ... but it sounded good and it's what I'll be having!

I made a variation on the Apple Bangers & Mash that I made a few weeks back. [Chopped and cooked 3/4 cup peewee potatoes and mashed them with 1/2 Tbsp Country Crock, 1 Tbsp milk and 2 Tbsp applesauce. Cooked up two of the chicken sausages, chopped them and tossed them on top.] This time I added some McKenzie's Seasoning Blend and the addition of the onions and peppers made an already wonderful dish fandamntabulous! I know -- most people think of Bangers & Mash as a "British" dish thinking England but it's also quite popular in Northern Ireland which, of course, is part of the UK still so yeah ... it's an Irish dish, too.

Anyway, here's the food. Also in my Laptop Lunchbox is a tossed salad, shamrock shaped monterey cheese, Thousand Island dressing, and mixed melon.

No comments:

Post a Comment