Monday, February 20, 2012

Apple Bangers & Mash

When John sat down for lunch with his ELB today I said that I was a little hungry, too, so he suggested I grab my ELB that I had all set for work tonight. So I did and it was absolutely delicious .... but left me with nothing for my lunch bag.

Last week or somewhere around there I added a couple of recipes to one of my Pinterest boards for different variations on good ol' Bangers & Mash. One of them was from Martha Stewart and was just for the Mash ... with apples! That immediately reminded me that I grabbed some Al Fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausage last time we were at the store and my mouth has been watering every time I've thought about it since.

So I made a quick and easy version of Apple Bangers & Mash:
Chopped and cooked 3/4 cup peewee potatoes and mashed them with 1/2 Tbsp Country Crock, 1 Tbsp milk and 2 Tbsp applesauce. Cooked up two of the chicken sausages, chopped them and tossed them on top.
I licked the fork I used to move the mash into my Fit & Fresh dish and ooooooooh baby is that good stuff! I was pretty tempted to stand there in the kitchen and eat the whole thing ... but then I would have to come up with another lunch for work ... again!


(WW PP Total: 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment