Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras Breakfast! (with a recipe! kind of...)

Today, of course, is Mardi Gras!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

I've been looking at tons of recipes for King Cakes, pinning them on Pinterest, looking some more ... but none of them really screamed "MAKE ME" to me. I came up with this idea at work, though, and couldn't wait to get home to make them!

First, I preheated the oven to 400 and popped open a can of buttermilk biscuits.
I added yellow, green and purple coloring to some cream cheese and placed about half a teaspoon in the center of each biscuit then rolled them into balls, making sure they were well-sealed.
I sprinkled some yellow, purple and green sprinkles into a small dish and plopped each ball in before placing them into a round pan.
After baking for about 10 minutes and letting cool for a few, it was time to see if they were edible! They were wonderful AND fun after finding the cream cheese inside. In fact, John ate three in hopes that he would end up with all three colors and he did! He also says they're "cool" and "super deeeeeelicious" :)
I know these should have a cute name but we haven't come up with one yet ... so if you have one, let me know. They can be made any time for any occasion, which is also pretty cool. Just change the colors around !


No comments:

Post a Comment